Sungods MSM Powder
MSM - (Methyl Sulfonyl Methane) Powder is a source of Organic Sulphur. Sulphur is the 4th most abundant mineral in our body. As we grow older the supplies of sulphur, present in every cell of the body, decline. MSM provides a supplement, in a safe, easy manner. MSM is neither a drug nor a medicine. It is a food supplement which is readily absorbed by the body.
- MSM Supports Multiple Structures and Functions in the Body.
- Allergies: MSM is said to help fortify the body's natural barriers against allergens. Oral MSM helps in the alleviation of allergic response to pollen and foods. Sulphur plays a major role in detoxification and elimination of free radicals. It also assists the integrity of the mucous membrane tissues.
- Respiratory System: MSM helps strengthen the lungs, possibly regulating the fluid that covers the surface of the airways. It may provide relief from the symptoms of lung dysfunction by the plasticizing effect on the membranous surface of the lung involved in gas exchange.
- Carbohydrate Metabolism: Sulphur is needed to produce insulin and other vital components that contribute to healthy carbohydrate metabolism. MSM helps make the cells more permeable allowing them to absorb blood sugar. Alpha Lipoic Acid, a sulphur containing compound, plays a role in the generation of energy and in glucose balance.
- Hair, Skin and Nails: Sulphur is necessary for the production of collagen and keratin. These proteins are essential for the health and maintenance of hair, skin and nails. Collagen binds the structures of skin together while keratin is the primary component in hair, nails, skin and tooth enamel. MSM enhances tissue pliability and encourages repair of damaged skin.
- Gastro - intestinal:MSM helps promote good digestive and absorption of nutrients. It helps us to utilize the food we eat. Sulphur-bearing vitamins such as thiamine prevent constipation and biotin, another B vitamin, helps to metabolize and digest starches, fats and proteins.
- Bones, Joints and Ligament's: Sulphur is critical in the formation of collagen and glucosamine- which are vital components for healthy bones, joints, ligaments and tendons. Sulphur also makes cells more permeable, allowing nutrients and fluids to flow freely through the cells and remove toxins; ultimately reducing pain and inflammation.
Dosage: Take between 2-8 grams daily in water or juice. A level teaspoon is approximately 4 grams. Oral doses are dependent on individual problems. Someone experiencing severe pain may need to take MSM twice a day to achieve relief. If taking twice a day it is recommended the second dose be taken between lunch and mid afternoon because you may gain extra energy. If taken too close to bed time you may not sleep as well. This is a guide only. By using MSM orally and topically (in a cream or gel), the best results will be achieved. MSM is often described as "natures beauty mineral", because it helps keep the skin smooth and youthful. Sulphur is necessary for the production of collagen and keratin, proteins necessary for health and maintenance of skin, nails and hair. MSM helps cells become more permeable therefore slowing the visible effects of aging and line formation.
Caution: If you are taking strong blood thinning drugs such as Warfrin only take MSM powder after consulting with your doctor This information is not intended to replace medical advice. Always check with your doctor for individual instruction. The length of time for results to become obvious varies with each individual.